Unlock your rainmaking potential. Trust the industry leader that has helped more than a thousand high-potential, growth-minded professionals fast-track their careers and business development acumen through The Rainmaker Academy®.
The industry’s original Rainmaker program has been built on 25 years of practice growth innovation and industry leadership. It is grounded in enduring principles, yet is constantly evolving to respond to rapidly changing competitive environments and client buying behaviors.
Join the ranks of Rainmaker alumni who have collectively contributed $271 million in new revenue to their firms. Over 75% have achieved partner, and many have become key leaders in their firms. Trust the program that nearly half of all Top 100 accounting firms rely on to develop their best and brightest emerging growth leaders.
The Rainmaker Academy® Approach
The Rainmaker Academy® is a transformational leadership and business development program specifically for accounting professionals who want to grow their business. Over the course of 18 months of graduate level classes and personal coaching, it equips participants with skills to permanently increase revenue. The program applies a four-part process:
- Plan: After each session, participants walk away with key initiatives they can bring back and implement that next day. Each participant, will also have an individualized accountability plan (RAP- Revenue Action Plan) and a scheduled one hour appointment with their Personal Coach.
- Approve: Supervising partners join participants on their pre-class conference call as well as the first and fourth coaching calls to ensure involvement in participant’s progress. The Revenue Action Plan (RAP) is also approved by the supervising partner.
- Execute: Between sessions, participants are expected to follow through on key initiatives from each session and our RAP plays a significant role in helping participants identify and track sales activities and objectives.
- Measure: During each coaching session, participants are measured and coached around the Revenue Action Plan around their: cross-selling opportunities, referral sources, top prospects, revenue goals, and results.
- Attend six, two-day sessions over the course of 18 months.
- Attend a coaching call between each live session.
- Participate in pre-and-post reading and work assignments.
- Use an accountability tool to record business development activity and sales with required face-to-face visits.
- Perform cascade training — teach highlights of each session to at least three other professionals in the firm. Rainmaker provides teaching materials and assistance to help participants pass along what they learn, dramatically enhancing their learning experience while also developing others.
Who Attends The Rainmaker Academy®?
Participants are partner-track senior managers and new partners, with 5-15 years of experience, who want to learn how to consistently bring in new business.
Classes typically consist of attendees from firms that range from $3 million to over $100 million in annual revenue. Participants find great benefit from working with peers from different firm sizes and locations across the country. Class sizes close at 35 participants to ensure the highest level of participation during exercises and activities.
Why Attend The Rainmaker Academy®?
- Accountability is crucial for success: we measure results and track ROI
- We teach a process you can continue after the program to maximize ROI for your firm
- You will increase revenue of your firm permanently
- You will learn skills to attract and retain quality clients, not just more clients
- Your confidence will be permanently increased
- Leaders in business development will be leaders of the firm
- Cascade Training® will pass along the knowledge and skills to others in your firm, and establish you as a leader and mentor in your firm. It builds your team.
- You will have regular touch points including one-on-one coaching from experienced consultants
- You will receive 81 hours of CPE for the two-year program
Develop Industry Acumen with Rainmaker Alliances
The Rainmaker Academy® now offers participants an opportunity to try one of our industry niche alliances as a trial member during their time in the training program. Join a community of like-minded professionals seeking personal and professional growth in the ongoing endeavor to be a highly-trusted advisor to their specific industry clients. This is a value-added service available to students at no additional cost.
Classes are Forming Now – Apply Today!
Seats are available in our upcoming Chicago and Nashville open classes.
“The Rainmaker Companies have been an integral part of our success. Their knowledge and understanding of our industry and of our company have made it so that we can bring the business to the next level.”
“Through the Strategic Growth Advisor relationship, Rainmaker has been a tremendous resource to us by helping us focus our efforts on the deliverables that we wanted.”
Terry Mitchell, Principal
“Rainmaker has provided us with valuable tools and advice that help keep us moving in the right direction. They have helped us focus on our business strategy, build a growth plan that supports it, and implement our plan so we’re actively pursuing growth and change.”
Gary Hawkins, Chairman of the Board