Unlock your rainmaking potential. Trust the industry leader that has helped more than a thousand high-potential, growth-minded professionals fast-track their careers and business development acumen through The Rainmaker Academy®.
The industry’s original Rainmaker program has been built on 25 years of practice growth innovation and industry leadership. It is grounded in enduring principles, yet is constantly evolving to respond to rapidly changing competitive environments and client buying behaviors.
Join the ranks of Rainmaker alumni who have collectively contributed $271 million in new revenue to their firms. Over 75% have achieved partner, and many have become key leaders in their firms. Trust the program that nearly half of all Top 100 accounting firms rely on to develop their best and brightest emerging growth leaders.
The Rainmaker Academy® Approach
The Rainmaker Academy® is a transformational leadership and business development program specifically for accounting professionals who want to grow their business. Over the course of 18 months of graduate level classes and personal coaching, it equips participants with skills to permanently increase revenue. The program applies a four-part process:
- Plan: After each session, participants walk away with key initiatives they can bring back and implement that next day. Each participant will also have an individualized accountability “Revenue Action Plan” (R.A.P. powered by Practice Pipeline) and a scheduled one hour appointment with their Personal Coach.
- Approve: Supervising partners join participants on their pre-class conference call as well as the first and fourth coaching calls to ensure involvement in participant’s progress. The Revenue Action Plan (RAP) is also approved by the supervising partner.
- Execute: Between sessions, participants are expected to follow through on key initiatives from each session and our RAP plays a significant role in helping participants identify and track sales activities and objectives.
- Measure: During each coaching session, participants are measured and coached around the Revenue Action Plan around their: cross-selling opportunities, referral sources, top prospects, revenue goals, and results.
- Attend six, two-day sessions over the course of 18 months.
- Attend a coaching call between each live session.
- Participate in pre-and-post reading and work assignments.
- Use an accountability tool to record business development activity and sales with required face-to-face visits.
- Perform cascade training — teach highlights of each session to at least three other professionals in the firm. Rainmaker provides teaching materials and assistance to help participants pass along what they learn, dramatically enhancing their learning experience while also developing others.
Who Attends The Rainmaker Academy®?
Participants are partner-track senior managers and new partners, with 5-15 years of experience, who want to learn how to consistently bring in new business.
Classes typically consist of attendees from firms that range from $3 million to over $100 million in annual revenue. Participants find great benefit from working with peers from different firm sizes and locations across the country. Class sizes close at 35 participants to ensure the highest level of participation during exercises and activities.
Why Attend The Rainmaker Academy®?
- Accountability is crucial for success: we measure results and track ROI
- Adopt a process you can continue after the program to maximize ROI for your firm
- Increase revenue of your firm permanently
- Learn skills to attract and retain quality clients, not just more clients
- Increase your confidence permanently
- Leaders in business development become leaders of their firms
- Cascade Training® passes along knowledge and skills to others in your firm, building your team and establishing you as a leader
- Continue development through regular touch points including individual and group coaching from experienced consultants
- Take advantage of a trial membership in the Rainmaker Niche Alliance of your choice and join a community of growth-minded professionals focused on a specific industry
- Receive 81 hours of CPE over the two-year program
Classes are Forming Now – Apply Today!
View our Events Calendar for available dates and to apply for an upcoming open class in Chicago or Nashville.
To learn more about The Rainmaker Academy, contact Robin Brothers (615.627.1800).
“The Rainmaker Companies have been an integral part of our success. Their knowledge and understanding of our industry and of our company have made it so that we can bring the business to the next level.”
“Through the Strategic Growth Advisor relationship, Rainmaker has been a tremendous resource to us by helping us focus our efforts on the deliverables that we wanted.”
Terry Mitchell, Principal
“Rainmaker has provided us with valuable tools and advice that help keep us moving in the right direction. They have helped us focus on our business strategy, build a growth plan that supports it, and implement our plan so we’re actively pursuing growth and change.”
Gary Hawkins, Chairman of the Board